Additional Safety Practices Regarding COVID-19 During Your Home Inspection
We understand that the COVID-19 situation is presenting many challenges to our lives. We want to alleviate some of these burdens while also keeping you and our staff safe. We wanted to update you on what is happening at our company.
In light of recent news regarding COVID-19, our office has implemented policies in line with what the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the Department of Health and Human Services are recommending:
During inspections we will:
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet away at all times.
- Wash hands multiple times during every inspection, especially after touching things like faucets and door handles.
- Bring hand towels or paper towels for drying our hands.
- We’ll keep hand sanitizer nearby and use it when needed.
- We will use disinfectant wipes on faucets, door handles.
- We will not shake hands or bump fists.
- We will avoid touching our faces.
- Our inspector will wear a mask during the inspection.
- If any of our inspectors have a fever or cough, we will not conduct the inspection.
- If any of our inspectors have been exposed to COVID-19, we will not conduct the inspection.
Clients are always encouraged to attend the home inspection however we are asking our clients to limit the number of people attending the inspection to one person from the buyer’s party. We are also asking that only the agent who will be providing us with access to the property be present.
Unfortunately we do not have any additional face masks or gloves to give to clients, real estate agents or home owners at this time and are asking that people provide their own masks and/or gloves.
Likewise, If you (or anyone in your household) have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 21 days, have come in contact with someone who has, or if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, we kindly ask that you reschedule to a later date:
- Shortness of Breath
Rest assured, we will do everything we can to keep you and our community safe.